Too often, we take our health for granted. When illness arrives, we panic. The best strategy is to build health and wellness by making wise lifestyle choices. Take action to build health and vitality. Many of the following suggestions are old fashioned common sense.
- Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol, along with the use of recreational drugs. Join support groups or seek professional guidance to accomplish this if necessary. Drugs alcohol and cigarettes, tear apart health, families and careers.
- Cultivate a healthy diet. If You have special health issues ask Your doctor to refer You to a professional dietcian In this manner You will be able to create a customised meal plan which is right for You. Avoid extreme fad diets. Instead cultivate healthy eating. When ever possible, purchase organic foods.
- Discover a form of exercise that You really love. Experiment until You discover what is right for you. Never waste Your time on activities You hate. If You love what You are doing, You will develop consistent exercise routine. There are countless options to consider for exercise. I have discovered I like cycling, yoga and swimming for exercise. I also work in My garden and on home renovations.
- Find time for relaxation. Create a relaxing bedtime ritual to follow each night before bed. A good night’s sleep is one of the most important health building tips. While We sleep, our body recharges and our cells are regenerated. Make restful sleep an important priority.
- Create wellness plan with Your doctor and health care providers. Consider the benefits of massage therapy, chiropractic treatment, acupuncture, reflexology or reiki. Complimentary therapies are a wonderful tool to build wellness and energy .Ask Your Doctor questions. This is important. You have the right to be fully informed to the advantages and disadvantages of any treatment or prescription.
- Plan quiet time for meditation or prayer . Create a sacred space for this in Your home or garden. Spending time on spiritual development is essential to well being. True balance and and success requires the balance of spirit, mind, and body.
- Learn something new – Develop a new skill, hobby or interest. Develop Your interests. Self expression is an important activity. We need to learn to speak up and speak out.
- Consider vitamins and supplements to boost immunity and vitality. Research this carefully for best results. For extensive research, hit the library. Be wary of scams, while remaining open to new products. Experiment to see what works for you. There are so many options availaible.
- Learn to let go of negative thinking, negative situations, and negative people. Surround yourself with positive upbeat friends. This is an important process. We often accept the bad behaviour of others without questioning the effects on ourselves. Be compassionate to the problems of others, but be firm. Do not take on the baggage of others.
- Learn the art of visualisation. This is a fun and dynamic way to set goals and make things happen Learn to create a vision board. This is a powerful way to to accomplish goals and make changes in Your lifestyle. I have used vision boards for years. The results are fantastic.
I have always enjoyed reading spiritual and metaphysical books and have a small library of such books in My home.