A New Year offers the promise of fresh beginnings. Goals and New Years Resolutions are a great way to start the New Year. Setting goals is an important strategy for success and happiness. I like to focus on both long term and short term goals. Each year I take time out to create a list of goals and objectives for the upcoming year. I spend a minimum of an hour to reflect on what will be My focus on the year ahead. Typically, My goals revolve around business, health and home renovations , but this year I will add blogging to the mix. One of My goals last year was to start a WordPress Blog. I am most grateful to have reached this goal.. Thank You for joining Me on this journey.
Clear out clutter and complete unfinished business as the old year finishes. This will ensure a fresh and positive flow of new energy into the New Year. Pay bills before the year’s end. There is a fresh and exciting crackle in the air as 2018 approaches. I usually spend My New Year’s Eve at home, with a festive dinner and family.
Because I live in the Northern Hemisphere, winter will be in full swing as January starts. Temperatures will drop, and snow will fall. Indoor activity becomes the norm. This allows me time to indulge one of My favorite pass times – Reading. Read all the books You have been meaning to read. Reading is the ultimate luxury. January offers time for rest and relaxation. Sleep and rest allow the physical body to recharge and rebuild. Pay attention to dreams during the winter. The dream world is a portal into our unconscious mind. Indigenous cultures value the messages found within the dream world. dreams. Dreams offer valuable guidance. Learn to listen within. Start a dream journal and record dreams consistently.
New Year Resolutions: Blank Journal
Ten Tips For Setting New Year’s Resolutions
- Meditate before You begin. Clear and ground Yourself – This will give clarity and insight to creating Your new list.
- Set up a beautiful area to work on this process. Beauty feeds the soul, and inspires the imagination. Flowers or essential oils create atmosphere.
- Introduce colour to support this process.
- Review the past year. Make sure to celebrate all accomplishments and successes. If You have a list of goals from last year, take time to look at this.
- Reflect on any obstacles faced during the year. To acknowledge such an event is to develop self mastery under all circumstances. It is important to celebrate challenges and successes.
- Create goals for all of the different areas of Your life – health, finances, career, relationships, or family.
- Set aside special time to complete this process. I would recommend a minimum of thirty minutes. An hour would be ideal.
- Create a list of inspirational books You would like to read.
- Invest in a journal for self reflection. This will give form and shape to goals, plans, lists and aspirations.
- A vision board is a valuable tool for manifesting goals. The Vision Board: THE SECRET TO AN EXTRAORDINARY LIFE
American Thanksgiving Day allows Canadians to celebrate the holiday twice! Many traditions are the same, with a few variations. The pumpkin pie, the traditional turkey dinner and the pumpkin spice lattes are observed across the border in Canada. The American holiday is celebrated the fourth Thursday during the month of November each year. It has been celebrated as a Federal holiday since 1863. The “First Thanksgiving” was celebrated in the year 1621. This was one of the original observances of the holiday after a successful harvest in the New World. The American holiday is celebrated the fourth Thursday during the month of November each year. It has been celebrated as a Federal holiday since 1863.
Other popular holiday foods include mashed potatoes with gravy , stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, sweet corn, squash, brussel sprouts and pumpkin pie. Other official activities include shopping on Black Friday, and watching NFL football. Thanksgiving Day is a day to relax, spend time with friends and family, and enjoy a festive dinner with all of the trimmings. The day is marked with parades throughout the country including following cities – New York City, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia. Plymouth, Detroit, Chicago, Houston, El Paso, Fountain Hills, St. Louis, Charlotte, and Seattle.
Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the holiday season. Black Friday shopping is a time honoured tradition for many people. Cyber Monday follows. Create Your own holiday traditions to mark events. Be creative. Do things that appeal to You and Your family. Spend time together.Watch a movie or read. Sleep in, if possible. Communities across North America host a charity Thanksgiving Dinner for low income families and the homeless. Many people enjoy volunteering for these events annually. Keep in touch with friends and family. Holiday events can be lonely or tense for some people. Isolation may intensify this feeling. Keep in touch with family and friends. Celebrate with family living far away by writing letters, or sending cards, flowers or emails.
Thanksgiving week creates the opportunity to cultivate gratitude. Focusing on the positive aspects of life creates a magnet. This force attracts more good. What We focus on expands and increases. Life in itself is the biggest miracle of all. We are all here on the planet for a purpose. Discover this purpose? Take this time to align Your feelings, thoughts, emotions, words, and actions with clarity. People have become too busy to stop and take a break. Inner reflection is an important tool for self discovery. This Thanksgiving day take time out to create a list of one hundred things the things You are grateful for. Set this list aside, but check it from time to time through out the year. Clear out clutter and donate what You are no longer using. Donate non perishable items to the local food bank – Baby food and formula is always in high demand.
Thanksgiving Day Affirmations
- I give thanks for the love of My family.
- I am thankful for My great health.
- Great things happen to Me each and every day.
- I am grateful for the air I breath, the water I drink, and the food I eat.
- I am grateful for the many opportunities that come My way.
- I give thanks for the support and encouragement of My colleagues.