A New Year offers the promise of fresh beginnings. Goals and New Years Resolutions are a great way to start the New Year. Setting goals is an important strategy for success and happiness. I like to focus on both long term and short term goals. Each year I take time out to create a list of goals and objectives for the upcoming year. I spend a minimum of an hour to reflect on what will be My focus on the year ahead. Typically, My goals revolve around business, health and home renovations , but this year I will add blogging to the mix. One of My goals last year was to start a WordPress Blog. I am most grateful to have reached this goal.. Thank You for joining Me on this journey.
Clear out clutter and complete unfinished business as the old year finishes. This will ensure a fresh and positive flow of new energy into the New Year. Pay bills before the year’s end. There is a fresh and exciting crackle in the air as 2018 approaches. I usually spend My New Year’s Eve at home, with a festive dinner and family.
Because I live in the Northern Hemisphere, winter will be in full swing as January starts. Temperatures will drop, and snow will fall. Indoor activity becomes the norm. This allows me time to indulge one of My favorite pass times – Reading. Read all the books You have been meaning to read. Reading is the ultimate luxury. January offers time for rest and relaxation. Sleep and rest allow the physical body to recharge and rebuild. Pay attention to dreams during the winter. The dream world is a portal into our unconscious mind. Indigenous cultures value the messages found within the dream world. dreams. Dreams offer valuable guidance. Learn to listen within. Start a dream journal and record dreams consistently.
Ten Tips For Setting New Year’s Resolutions
- Meditate before You begin. Clear and ground Yourself – This will give clarity and insight to creating Your new list.
- Set up a beautiful area to work on this process. Beauty feeds the soul, and inspires the imagination. Flowers or essential oils create atmosphere.
- Introduce colour to support this process.
- Review the past year. Make sure to celebrate all accomplishments and successes. If You have a list of goals from last year, take time to look at this.
- Reflect on any obstacles faced during the year. To acknowledge such an event is to develop self mastery under all circumstances. It is important to celebrate challenges and successes.
- Create goals for all of the different areas of Your life – health, finances, career, relationships, or family.
- Set aside special time to complete this process. I would recommend a minimum of thirty minutes. An hour would be ideal.
- Create a list of inspirational books You would like to read.
- Invest in a journal for self reflection. This will give form and shape to goals, plans, lists and aspirations.
- A vision board is a valuable tool for manifesting goals. The Vision Board: THE SECRET TO AN EXTRAORDINARY LIFE