- Cultivate a sense of purpose.
- Focus on creating priorities.
- Eliminate clutter – Donate items which are no longer in use.
- Learn to say “No”.
- Begin working to organise small areas – Tackle a drawer, or a closet.
- Organise work stations for specific tasks.
- When ever possible – delegate.
- Create long and short term goals for Yourself.
- Find time each day to relax.
- Create atmosphere !!! Make Your space truly unique – Your space should be a reflection of who You really are !!!
There is always a way to get things done – the secret is to work smarter, not harder. Time management is truly an art form. The suggestions above should make a difference. However everyone is different and Your own personal schedule is unique to You.
My typical strategy is to focus on the most difficult task at hand early in the day, week, or month. Once I have accomplished this, I move on to the easier less complicated tasks. This way as a deadline approaches, I am under less stress, as I complete the easier projects on My agenda. I plan the day, the week and the month ahead. Some projects are such as Income Tax, are annual. Other activities like Christmas shopping or gardening are seasonal.
Eliminate clutter. This process will simplify You routines, and save valuable time. If You are an entrepreneur, sort and file through papers and receipts on a regular basis, and You will not have to rush around as the tax deadline approaches to organise Your receipts and book keeping. Complete projects before starting on new endeavours. If I am busy working on an important project that is all I focus on. Completing the project is often a reward in itself.
An important result of a regular routine is to invent a beautiful space where You live, work and relax. Another objective of organization is to create blocks of time where You are free to relax. Always remember this as You plan schedules and routines. Take time out to enjoy Yourself, splurge, relax, and have fun